Have you heard of the Santa Clara County gem that is Anne & Mark’s Art Party? We here at Play On Words had the chance to check it out in 2014 and were blown away by what we found. Want to get inspired? Here are five reasons you should go to the Art Party this year:
- Amazing visual art. The Art Party fills the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds with gallery after gallery of visual art–paintings, sculpture, performance art and more.
- Badass live music. We’re talking jazz, blues, opera, folk, rock, classical, and world music. Can’t go wrong.
- Fire. The Art Party creates its own Playa, a la Burning Man, featuring fire spinners, master welders, and all kinds of bright and vibrant pieces.
- Food. Bounce from food truck to truck! You won’t go hungry. Did we mention that there’s a great bar too?
- Spoken word. Check out the Spoken Word Lounge to see Silicon Valley writers read works of flash fiction during the fabulous Flash Fiction Forum–then stick around for Play On Words’ Best Of Mashup at 8pm!
Other things you should know about the Art Party:
- The week-long arts fest lasts from September 24 – October 1.
- Tickets to the opening night gala, when Play On Words performs, are $39.
- To gain entrance for the full week of awesomeness, purchase an all-inclusive pass for $150.
- Night owl? Buy the 10 at 10 pass for only $10–and gain entry starting at 10 pm.
Click here to buy your tickets now.
We’ll be rolling out our POW lineup over the next week, so stay tuned to see which fan favorites will be making their return. This event is a great introduction to Play On Words, as we’ll be trotting out some hilarious, absurd, and thoughtful work by local writers. Hope to see you there!